Monday, November 26, 2007

Catt's Wheat Fudge / No-bake Cookies

This is the first thing I ever made - I think it was in elementary school, and I don't know why it was called Wheat Fudge. What I do know, is you can buy them made my Lofthouse, $3.99 for 8 cookies. Yikes.

Wheat Fudge

2 cups sugar
1 stick margarine
1/2 cup cocoa
1/2 cup milk
3 cups quick oats
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter

In heave saucepan, combine sugar, margarine, cocoa, and milk. Stir and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly and boiling for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and quickly fold in peanut butter and vanilla. Next add the oats, stirring rapidly. Drop by spoonfuls onto wax paper. Cool & enjoy!

Great gift item too for the holidays!

1 comment:

Idara said...

I made a batch of these, and they were heavenly! I appreciate any cookie recipe that doesn't use eggs since they're really expensive lately!
Thanks, Catt!