Sunday, December 6, 2009

Catt's Homemade Dill Dip

I know this is a retro recipe, and I know you can buy it - but it's so much better if you make it yourself. And if you can't find the round bread to use, then use a bowl and surround the dip with crisp vegetables, and cubes of good crusty bread. The original recipe called for a spice, Beau-Monde; some can't find that in their area and I hate buying one spice for one thing. In this day and age, it's too expensive. So I've made an appropriate change.

Catt's Dill Dip

1 cup mayonnaise (use a good brand)
1 cup sour cream
2 Tablespoons dried minced onion
1 tablespoon parsley
1 teaspoon dill weed
1/2 teaspoon celery salt

Whisk together all ingredients. Let sit overnight, so the flavors can marry. Serve in a hollowed round loaf of pumpernickel bread, or in a green pepper and a red pepper, which have been hollowed out also. Can also serve with crackers and vegetables even though I have to tell you, the best thing to dip in this is bread cubes. I just take a loaf of french bread and cut it into bite sized cubes. Yummy!

No comments: