Monday, January 22, 2007

Catt's Famous No Peek Casserole

This is one of only 2 dishes I use cream soup for. It's just an old standard, and as with some childhood memories, you just can't gourmet the recipe!


Catt's Famous "No Peek" Casserole

2 - 3 lbs beef cut into bite sized pieces (inexpensive cuts work great!)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 package dry onion soup mix
1 can mushrooms
2/3 cup milk

Brown meat, lower heat and add the rest of the ingredients. Mix well. Pour into a lightly greased, tightly covered casserole or roaster (very important!) and bake for 2 1/2 hours at 300 degrees. Don't Peek! Remove from oven and serve over hot noodles or rice. Crusty bread is a must!

Like the recipe says, you can use inexpensive beef for this. And, your house will smell delicious! I made this usually on a Sunday, and my mom would walk in the house and say "ah, this must not be a pay week." I could throw this together with the stuff I had from the pantry.

No comments: